Tuesday, October 6, 2015

This is where the REAL journey begins!

I sit here with the most precious bundle of joy wrapped in a pink blanket sleeping softly in my lap.  She is the most beautiful addition to our family and came into the world quickly, yet quietly.  She's calm, cool, and collected.  A perfect balance to our spunky, curious, and energetic little boy.   Our family is now complete and I have two amazing reasons for this journey I am on.


At 40 weeks pregnant I could confidently say that I exercised right up until the very end, even the night before I went into labor.   My eating habits have only recently changed when I began the 21 Day Fix, but I worked hard throughout to make sure that I wasn't using pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for two" as I had done in the past. 

As a mom of two, I think it's incredibly important to acknowledge that regardless of how well you are able to maintain an exercise regimen during pregnancy, you're most likely still going to leave the hospital looking pregnant.  And, that's OK!!  The body and it's process for carrying and birthing a child is truly an amazing thing.  It takes time to recover!  

 

At five days postpartum, the water retention has dramatically decreased, but the belly and extra pounds remain.  This is where it gets real and the work towards regaining my body for me begins.  **Always consult with your OB when discussing postpartum exercise.**  Of course, I won't get the full green light until six weeks, but we're on the same page with beginning light/modified exercise, lots of walking, and incorporating clean eating and Shakeology as part of my early postpartum routine. 

I'll be sharing my progress along the way as well as the tips for what's worked and what hasn't.  Although I've already taken measurements, photos, weight, etc. I'll be officially kicking things off in my October health and fitness accountability group that begins October 12th!

Join me for 21 days of the 21 Day Fix and accountability!  Follow me on Facebook to get involved!


No comments:

Post a Comment