Saturday, February 20, 2016

Stitch Fix #1 and First Timer Tips

As any new mom knows, the desire to fit into and feel good in your clothes again is a strong one!  I've debated for quite a while about trying Stitch Fix and I finally took the plunge!  Here is my first Fix and tips to help you get the most out of yours.


 First timer tips:

1.  Complete the full style quiz.  This does take a little time, but provides your stylist with a lot of helpful information.

2.  Definitely include a link to your Pinterest style board.  My stylist, Amanda, even referenced my board in the note that came with my Fix.  Pretty cool!  If you don't have a style board, get one started!  You'll find the place to link your stylist to your board in the style quiz.

3.  Know that you will receive five items.  You can decide to keep none or keep them all.  If you keep anything, your $20 styling fee goes towards whatever you purchase.  If you choose to purchase all items, you receive 25% off.   When you complete your style quiz you can identify the price range you're willing to spend for each type of item.  I was always curious about the cost of the pieces, so you'll see I included that below.

4.  Don't feel like you have to be locked into a recurring order.  You can schedule just one Fix to see how you like it.  That's exactly what I did.  Worst case scenario if you try it once and don't like anything, you're out just $20. 

5.  Be open to trying new things!  That's half the fun!

Now, on to the Fix:

Fix #1:
 
 

I love the color and style of this dress!  This
was inspired by my Pinterest board for sure.  Unfortunately, the narrow cut of this dress wasn't very forgiving in the hip region, leaving it less flattering than I'd hope.  This one goes back.

 

Right out of the box, this blazer looks like it's right up my alley.  It's soft, fits well, and looks good on.  For the price, I just know that it's not something I'd wear very often, especially in the heat of Florida.  This one goes back.


Saving the best three for last!  These jeans hit a home run!  I should probably play the lotto this weekend because it's a miracle that I received perfectly fitting and comfortable jeans in my very first Fix.  The jeans are most definitely a keeper!  They're even husband approved, which is tough to do!

I like the blouse, too.  It turned out to be quite a bit brighter in person than in the picture, with lots of hot pink.  I almost kept this one, too.  My only concern was that the quality of this piece didn't feel worth the price and I wasn't sure it would wash well.  I might regret sending it back, but since I wasn't in love with it, I didn't want to take the chance.

Another sign that my stylist actually looked at my Pinterest board:  a  teal bag.  As soon as I opened the box, I knew this one had to be mine.  I love the color, and the size is perfect for my work/mom/life bag!

All in all, I'm pretty impressed!  I've already scheduled my next Fix for March and can't wait to see what's in it!  To make sure the next is even better, I made sure to leave feedback for my stylist.  From what I've read, the more feedback you give with each Fix, the better the next Fix becomes.  Stitch Fix might just be my new favorite way to shop...just don't tell the Loft!

No comments:

Post a Comment