Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Top 5 Reasons to PiYo

My 60 day journey with PiYo has come to an end, and what a journey it was!  When I began PiYo, I wanted to try a program different than any other I’d ever tried and I liked the results I saw from others who tried PiYo before me.  I honestly didn’t think I would enjoy it nearly as much as I did. 
I was a yoga naysayer in the past.  It was too slow…too boring…I couldn’t focus…….The list goes on.  The hybrid between yoga and pilates changed all that.  I found my soul mate program in PiYo!  So, what’s so great about it???



Top 5 Reasons You Should Try PiYo:

 
1.  The only equipment you need is a mat and yourself.  For anyone just starting out or with little money to invest in equipment, this is the perfect program.  You could even substitute a towel or a carpeted area for most workouts and be just fine.  That also means you need very little space.  Small apartment or even dorm room??  No problem!

2.  Your body will be transformed!  PiYo works muscles I never knew I had!  Switching things up with a program like this is a great way to keep your body guessing and keep those muscles working.  Throughout the program, you both stretch and strengthen, which is a great combination for a long, lean body.

3.  It’s low, and virtually no, impact.  I love getting out for a run as much as the next person, but the constant impact of running or intense aerobics can really leave you hurting sometimes.

4.  Much like yoga, I found that PiYo really left me feeling centered and at peace afterwards.  I’m a firm believer that exercise is a great stress reliever and necessary for good mental health.  PiYo does just that!

5.  I lost five pounds and five inches!  That includes a full inch off my waist and two inches off of my hips!  Who doesn’t love that???  To be honest, had I followed the meal plan to the T, I would have seen even better results.



PiYo will be one of those programs I go back to in the future, I'm sure!  To find out what I'm up to next, follow me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment